PRESENTATION ON STUDY OF LOOM
- INTRODUCTION OF LOOM
- TYPES OF LOOM
- TYPES OF POWER LOOM AND FUNCTIONS
- TYPES OF SHUTTELLESS LOOM
INTRODUCTION OF LOOM
A loom is device used to weave cloth and tapestry.The basic purpose of any loom is to hold the wrap thread under the tension to facilitate the inter weaving of the weft thread
- If all the weaving process are done by only hand its called as hand loom
- The hand loom was brought to England by Roman’s.
- The production rate is very slow and its runs at the speed of 80 to 120 PPM.
- Hand loom fabric are more expensive.
- Example: Shuttle loom, Pit loom
- Its all the weaving process are done by electric power it is called as power loom.
- Edmund craft wright first introduced power loom in 1784.
- The production wright is very fast and runs at the speed of 400 to 600 PPM.
- Power loom fabric are less expensive.
- Shuttle loom is oldest type of loom in weft is inserted with help of shuttle.
- Example of the shuttle loom is traditional hand loom.
- This shuttle loom are effective in weaving but some disadvantages, some times warp yarn are breaks.
- The noice level will be very high in shuttle loom.
SHUTTLE LESS LOOM
- Shuttle less loom weft yarn are inserted with special tools rather than shuttle
- Shuttle less loom operating at low noise levels and they are very fast weaving
- One example of shuttle less loom is water jet loom
- Projectile loom is a shuttle less loom is also called as missile loom.
- This projectile looms are developed in 1950’s in Switzerland.
- The picking action is done by series of small bullet like projectiles.
- This bullet like projectiles grip the weft yarn and carry it through the shed after picking the bullets returns empty.
- rapier loom is a shuttle less power loom ,there are varieties of rapier loom like single & double rapier loom.
- In double rapier loom two rapier are used to carry the waft yarn.
- In double rapier loom the first rapier picks up the weft yarn till the middle of the shed & the second rapier carry out the weft yarn at the other end of the fabric
WATER JET LOOM
- Water jet loom is a shuttle less loom operates with the help of water pressure , this loom was were first developed in 1950’s & refined by the Japanese in 1960’s.
- A pre-measured length of weft yarn is carried thought the shed with the help of water jet pressure
- Circular loom produced tubular fabric rather that flat fabric.
- The machine is designed in form of circle.
- The weft yarn moves through the shed in the circular manual.
- The fabric which are made in circular loom mainly used for begging material